- 1 Why is agriculture a system?
- 2 What are the types of agricultural systems?
- 3 What is agricultural system in the Philippines?
- 4 What is an agricultural system of production?
- 5 What are the three main agricultural operations?
- 6 What is a meaning of agriculture?
- 7 What are the 4 types of agriculture?
- 8 What are the 4 types of farming?
- 9 What are the main features of an agricultural system?
- 10 Why are farmers in the Philippines poor?
- 11 What are the main problems of agricultural in the Philippines?
- 12 Which agriculture is most profitable?
- 13 What are the 5 types of farming?
- 14 What is an agricultural based economy?
Why is agriculture a system?
Any farm can be viewed as a system, with inputs, throughputs (or processes), outputs and feedback. Physical inputs are naturally occurring things such as water, raw materials and the land. Human or Cultural Inputs are things like money, labour, and skills.
What are the types of agricultural systems?
- Arable farming.
- Mixed farming.
- Subsistence farming.
- Shifting Cultivation.
- Plantation farming.
- Pastoral/Livestock farming.
- Nomadic farming.
What is agricultural system in the Philippines?
Major agricultural systems include lowland irrigated farming, rainfed farming and upland farming. The Philippines’ major agricultural products include rice, coconuts, corn, sugarcane, bananas, pineapples, and mangoes.
What is an agricultural system of production?
Agricultural production systems are comprised of multidimensional components and drivers that interact in complex ways to influence production sustainability. The result from these modelling efforts found that the greatest potential for sustainability existed with the crops only production system.
What are the three main agricultural operations?
Some of the operations involved are ploughing, sowing, irrigation, weeding and harvesting. The outputs from the system include crops, wool, dairy and poultry products. Farming is practised in various ways across the world.
What is a meaning of agriculture?
: the science, art, or practice of cultivating the soil, producing crops, and raising livestock and in varying degrees the preparation and marketing of the resulting products cleared the land to use it for agriculture.
What are the 4 types of agriculture?
Meaning and Types of Agriculture
- Shifting Cultivation (rotating crops).
- Intensive Pastoral Farming (focused on grazing animals).
- Subsistence Cultivation (seeking out a living; often done for consumption by family).
- Commercial Cultivation (usually focused on cash crops such as cocoa, cotton, palm oil, etc.
What are the 4 types of farming?
Types of farming include subsistence farming, mixed farming, nomadic herding, commercial plantation, livestock rearing, etc. Farming involves rearing animals and growing crops for raw materials and food.
What are the main features of an agricultural system?
8 Salient Features of Indian Agriculture
- Subsistence agriculture: Most parts of India have subsistence agriculture.
- Pressure of population on agriculture:
- Importance of animals:
- Dependent upon Monsoon:
- Variety of crops:
- Predominance of food crops:
- Insignificant place to given fodder crops:
- Seasonal pattern:
Why are farmers in the Philippines poor?
The reasons are three-fold: the lack of accountability among farmer cooperative leaders; cooperatives and farmers’ associations are formed mainly to access government dole-outs; and the government agency (e.g., CDA), which has oversight responsibility on cooperatives, is oriented towards regulations of cooperatives
What are the main problems of agricultural in the Philippines?
The results revealed that common problems encountered by rice farmers were: high cost of inputs, low price of palay, lack of capital, labor problem, lack of postharvest facilities, pest and diseases and irrigation system.
Which agriculture is most profitable?
1. Agricultural Farm Business
- This business includes producing and exporting crops, vegetables, and fruits.
- It is done with minimal investment.
- With proper publicity, you can expand its sales locally and far off cities.
- It is the most profitable farming In India.
What are the 5 types of farming?
1. Subsistence farming:-
- Intensive subsistence farming:-
- Primitive subsistence farming:-
- Shifting cultivation:-
- Commercial grain farming:-
- Commercial mixed farming:-
- Commercial plantation farming:-
What is an agricultural based economy?
Agricultural economics is an applied social science that deals with how producers, consumers, and societies use scarce resources in the production, marketing, and consumption of food and fiber products. In agricultural markets, the forces of supply and demand are at work.